Skip to main content

I used the e-Payments system to pay another person's taxes. If their return is processed and they are due a refund, will that refund be issued to me?

No, by law, we must issue the refund in the name(s) and Social Security number(s) of the taxpayer(s) listed on the tax return. You will need to make arrangements privately with the person whose tax you paid.