Library of Michigan Webinar Archives
Put the Book Down and Engage! - with Jenifer Strauss of Story Be Told
In this live webinar, narrative consultant/storyteller, Jenifer Strauss showed participants how to use storytelling to promote language, literacy and healthy brain development. Participants learned how to choose stories from favorite authors and turn them in to interactive language experiences for young children. For the handout for Put the Book Down and Engage, please message Cathy Lancaster LancasterC5@michgian.gov. (Recorded 10.24.17)
Full Body Storytime: Moving and Grooving with Stories, Songs, Rhythms and Rhymes - with Jenifer Strauss of Story Be Told
Movement is a child’s first language! Combine movement with rhythm and you have the foundation for literacy skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing. This webinar features stories, songs, play, and movement. (Recorded 12.19.17)
Teen Clubs - featuring Amy Alessio, with contrubtions from Heather Booth
Want to keep the momentum going after a successful teen event? That “one off” can easily be turned into a popular monthly club that will keep young adults coming back. "Club Programs for Teens: 100 Activities for the Entire Year" authors Amy Alessio and Heather Booth share how-to tips.
Adapted Sensory Programming for All Ages and All Budgets - With presenters: Jen Taggart of Bloomfield Township Public Library, Laura Hollister & Sarah Skinner of Niles District Library, and Marta-Kate Jackson of Cromaine District Library.
Meet Up & Eat Up: Summer Food Services Program. Presenters: Cathy Lancaster, Library of Michigan and Sara Harmon, Michigan Department of Education. The Michigan Department of Education aims to feed the whole child the whole year. Join the Meet Up and Eat Up Summer Food Service Program Staff to learn about expanding the SFSP to your area. The webinar covers SFSP basics, requirements for sponsors who operate the SFSP, sites who provide healthy meals to children, and site activity options. (Recorded 4.19.18)
Summer Reading Stats and Wandoo Reader with Joesph Hamlin and Kathy Kosinski, Library of Michigan. Presntation covers Wandoo's report features and how to use the data your library collects on reading clubs using Wandoo. (Recorded Spring 2018)
Reluctant Readers and Interactive Reading programs: Read Together and PAWS to Read! Presenters: Lisa Gonzalez and Beverly Schwartzberg, Santa Barbara Public Library.
Libraries Rock! Programming Tips & Ideas for Summer Reading 2018
Programming ideas, the CSLP manual and various summer reading club topics will be discussed. Youth Services Advisory Council presenters: Liz Clauder of Bloomfield Township Library; Lindsay Fricke of the Novi Public Library; Beth Lowe, Fowlerville District Library; Dena Moscheck, Lapeer District Library; Amy Nolan, St. Joseph/Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library; Eva Weihl, East Lansing Public Library; Stephanie Wambaugh of the Braille and Talking Book Library, and Cathy Lancaster, Library of Michigan (Recorded 1.30.18)
EVERY CHILD READY TO READ
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Library Staff Workshop" March, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy & Learning Spaces" April, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Storytime for Babies," July, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy Tips for Storytime: 2's & 3's" August, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Early Literacy Tips for Storytime: Preschool" November, 2016 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Mixed Aged Storytime Tips" January, 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Family Engagement & Kindergarten Readiness," May 2017, with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "DAP Storytime Basics," July 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Working with ECE's and Volunteers for Early Literacy," October 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca
- RECORDING - "Every Child Ready to Read Initiative Wrap-up," November 2017 with Sue McCleaf Nespeca