Library of Michigan Communication Channels
Below please find the listservs or communication channels moderated or hosted by Library of Michigan staff.
- Michigan libraries job postings, important information about the Michigan eLibrary and other statewide initiatives, policy questions, help with problems, name that poem or book, offers of old runs of journals, discussion about the state of libraries, library furniture for sale - everything library-related except advertising by commercial vendors. Michlib-L is where many official notices from the Library of Michigan and other statewide library groups are made. For more information, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at email@example.com. You can sign up to receive Michlib-l here.
- LM Dispatch
- The Library of Michigan's bimonthly newsletter with information of interest to all library types. Learn about the happenings at the state library, state and national initiatives, library success stories, co-op news, news from the state librarian, and more in every email issue. For more information, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for the LM DISPATCH here.
- Library Services and Technology Act
- Bulletin for announcements relating to the Library Services and Technology Act, LSTA, from grant program and funding announcements by the Library of Michigan staff to questions about the competitive grant program and comments on the five-year state plan. For more information, please contact Karren Reish at email@example.com. You can sign up to receive LSTA notifications here.
- MeL Minute
- A bi-weekly bulletin about items of interest to users of the Michigan eLibray (MeL.org) suite of resources. You can sign up to receive the MeL Minute here.
Closed listserv for coordinators and staff of Michigan Documents depository libraries and the staff of the Library of Michigan to communicate program information, post queries and exchange ideas, comments and news related to Michigan government resources. For more information, please contact Bernadette Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listserv for members of the Michigan library community and non-profit organizational partners to exchange information about accessibility services for all ages, including adaptive programming, collection development, assistive technologies and special items of interest to those working with the disability community.
- Listserv for members of the Michigan Library Data Group and library staff interested in data topics relevant to libraries. The list provides support, announces data related news, facilitates group conversation, announces upcoming meetings, and encourages data experimentation. For more information, contact Joseph Hamlin at email@example.com. You can sign up for MiLibData here.
Listserv specifically for public library staff who conduct children and teen programming and services. Library of Michigan’s Youth Services Coordinator will use this list for conducting polling and announcing upcoming trainings and programs and members may use it for discussing youth services related topics.
For library staff members using the Ploud software to create and maintain library Web sites in Michigan. For more information about the Ploud program, please contact Sonya Schryer Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for the Ploud list here.
Public Library Trustees
Bulletin with content of interest to public library trustees and library directors. Learn about training, resources and support for those serving as library trustees in Michigan. For more information, please contact Clare Membiela at email@example.com. You can sign up for the Public Library Trustees list here.
Ready to Read Michigan
Bulletin for public library staff conducting early literacy programming. For more information, please contact Youth Services Coordinator Cathy Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for the Ready to Read Michigan newsletter here.
K-12 School Library/Media Center & Educator Community
Bulletin for those interested in topics related to the K-12 School Library Media Center community such as the SL 21 program, statewide resources, materials and events for use by K-12 students and staff. For more information, please contact Karren Reish at email@example.com. You can sign up for the bulletin here.
- Updated 2/3/2020