Library Continuing Education Program
The Library of Michigan strives to support libraries’ efforts to provide quality service and programming to their communities. A major element of excellent service is empowering library staff to learn and implement new skills and best practices. The Librarian Continuing Education program helps by providing financial support for library staff continuing education.
Michigan public, academic and school library staff are eligible to apply for continuing education stipends. The program details and criteria are listed in the program criteria document. Please read the criteria and the application questions BEFORE submitting an application online. You can apply at any time and your application will be considered at the end of each quarter as listed in the timeline below.
LIbrary staff members who have not received a stipend in the last year and libraries who have not had a staff member receive a stipend in the last year are given priority in the application review.
Program Criteria and Application Questions
APPLY FOR A STIPEND
- Applications may be submitted quarterly, up to the last business day of March, June, September, or December for a continuing education event that is AFTER the quarterly submission deadline.
- Applicants will be notified of the funding decision within two weeks of the last business day of the quarterly submission deadline.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign and return an agreement form within two weeks of notification of the award.
- Attendees must submit a completion form and a required article or presentation no later than 30 days after the end of the event to receive the stipend. These materials are submitted online at the link above. We will not accept faxed or emailed materials.
- Within 30 days of submission of the completion form, the Library of Michigan will notify the attendee of the final approved amount. Libraries MUST be a State of Michigan vendor to receive funds.
- Failure to complete the steps listed above by the appropriate deadline will result in the stipend being rescinded.
Please contact Evette Atkin at 517-335-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.