Youth Services Workshops
- Upcoming Webinars & Workshops (Click Here for Youth)
Please follow the link above for information on upcoming youth workshops, webinars and events.
Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in the meeting should contact Becky Wartella, at 517-335-4038 or WartellaR@Michigan.gov no less than 10 days in advance to request mobility, visual, hearing, or other assistance.
Library of Michigan Webinar Archives
We've archived webinars provided by Library of Michigan staff on a variety of topics. These are available to you 24/7 for your convenience. Check back often for updates.
- Youth Services Programming During a Time of Crisis
A printable toolkit designed to help public libraries in times of crisis plan programming that creates a sense of normalcy for youth and teens in times of disaster or upheaval. This toolkit is the Capstone Project designed and written by Jamie Gilmore, Grace Morris, Erica Trotter, and Alexandria Wardrip through the University of Washington's Information School. It was also featured (8/30/17) in The Conversation's article, "Public Libraries can (literally) Serve as a Shelter from the Storm," by Grace Morris.
- Braille Enhanced StoryWalk ®
The Library of Michigan, Braille and Talking Book Library, and MDE-Low Incidence Outreach collaborate to bring Braille Enhanced StoryWalks® to library communities across Michigan.
- Michigan Authors and Illustrators Database
Find out about Michigan authors! You can look for non-fiction, poetry, mysteries, romance, children’s books and much more. This is a great source for students looking for Michigan authors to read and for librarians or teachers looking for Michigan authors to do events or for collection development. The database is brought to you by the Michigan Association of Media in Education, the Library of Michigan and the Michigan Center for the Book.
Youth Services Advisory Council
Kaelyn Christian, Georgetown Township Public Library
Anne Clark, Bay County Library System
Liz Clauder, Bloomfield Township Public Library
Lindsay Fricke, Novi Public Library
Dena Moscheck, Lapeer District Library
Monica Porter, University of Michigan Library
Gillian Streeter, Muskegon Area District Library
Stephanie Wambaugh, Braille and Talking Book Library
Cathy Lancaster, Library of Michigan
YSAC Volunteers will be responsible for:
- Review & feedback on MeL Databases for Youth & Teens
- Assess ongoing needs in the areas of youth services (providing ideas such as webinar topics, workshops, etc.)
- Promote Library of Michigan initiatives, including social media campaigns, to their home libraries.
- Selection of title for the Ready to Read Michigan book program
- Other tasks specific to promoting & serving youth services throughout the state
Cathy Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-335-8129 if you have any questions about youth or teen programs.