The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Universal Service Fund USF (E-rate) Support Services through the Library of Michigan.
The Library of Michigan is under a contract for E-Rate support for Michigan libraries. The current support model will provide all Michigan libraries access to the same E-Rate support services currently available to Michigan public schools. Those services are outlined below.
Here are some things you can count on now:
- This email address should be used as a go-to help desk for critical E-Rate questions: email@example.com.
During the E-Rate PIA process, E-Rate Central is available to assist the applicant (library personnel or the library's E-Rate consultant) with:
- clarification should you not understand what PIA is requesting
- guidance regarding a delay or complication with the PIA process or a PIA reviewer
- assistance in the event your application funding is at risk
Please follow this guidance whenever dealing with PIA:
- Attempt to provide all responses to PIA clearly and concisely in writing (via email) with as little elaboration as necessary to answer PIA’s specific question(s)
- Use caution when speaking with a PIA reviewer as both what you say may negatively impact your application
- Notify PIA and request an extension in writing if you are unable to provide a complete response in the time PIA has allotted
Please use the help desk email to contact E-Rate Central for PIA issues: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USAC Schools & Libraries: https://www.usac.org/e-rate/
E-Rate News Brief: https://www.usac.org/e-rate/learn/news-brief/ (select the SL Program News Brief)
E-Rate Central: www.e-ratecentral.com
Applicant E-Rate History: http://e-ratecentral.com/us/stateInformation.asp?state=MI (enter applicant BEN in upper left)