COVID-19 Updates for Michigan Motor Fuel Tax
- Motor Fuel Tax Return filing deadlines have not changed.
- Call center services: Available.
- Call center services are available from 8:00am to 4:45PM (Monday – Friday).
- Online services: Available.
- View the Treasury COVID-19 page for additional information.
News and Notices
- Notice to Motor Fuel Statutory Refund Claimants
- Notice: Rescission of Old Motor Fuel Tax Rules
- Notice Regarding Sales of Diesel Under 100 Gallons
- Bulk Storage Motor Fuel Tax Act Floor Stock Tax
- Motor Fuel - Letter of Inquiry Concerning Michigan Taxes
- Notice Concerning Changes to Motor Fuel Taxation
- Form 4010, Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Inventory Report
- Notice to Current LPG Dealers-Alternative Fuel Licenses
- Notice to Alternative Fuel Sellers and Users
- Michigan Fuel Product Codes - Effective October 2017
- Michigan Terminal Control Numbers
- Motor Fuel, IFTA/Motor Carrier Notices
- Licensed Bonded Importers Enclosed are pre-identified quarterly importer returns and schedules for quarters ending June, September and December.
- Service Interruption and Import Verification Numbers
Customers impacted by Service Interruption and Import Verification Number requirements under Public Act 403 of 2000, must call our toll-free number, 1-888-213-0676, to obtain an authorization number for statutory compliance.
- Motor Fuel Act Key Definitions
- Motor Fuel Bonding Requirements All new licensees and/or accounts that are currently bonded may be required to submit a surety bond on an annual basis as a condition of maintaining their Motor Fuel Tax License or Eligible Purchaser Agreements. Bond requirements may be subject to an annual review and your bond amount may change based on the review.
- Legal (Revenue Administrative Bulletins, Directives, Court Cases)
- Estimate The Penalty and Interest Owed For Late Payment