What should I do if my check/draft has been damaged?

If you still have the remains of the check/draft, you can mail it to Michigan Department of Treasury with a request for a replacement.

Mail checks to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Office of Financial Services
P.O. Box 30788
Lansing, MI 48909

Mail drafts to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Support Services - RRF
P.O. Box 30757
Lansing, MI 48909

If you have moved, include your new address and daytime phone number. Allow 120 days for the replacement check/draft to be received.

In case the check/draft cannot be returned, you will need to allow 30 days from the date the refund was issued before requesting a replacement.