Can I still use my energy draft that includes the name of my deceased spouse?

Yes, you can still use the draft if your spouse's name is on the heat account.  If your heat provider will not accept it, return the draft with a letter explaining why it cannot be used.  Include supporting documentation (death certificate, lease agreement, property tax statements, etc.) and your daytime phone number.

Send to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
P O Box 30757
Lansing MI 48909

The information will be reviewed and you will receive a response within 16 weeks.