The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Informational Report - Sales Tax
Beginning April 1, 2016, and each calendar quarter thereafter, a taxpayer making taxable sales at retail of aviation fuel must file an Informational Report with the Department no later than the last day of the month in the month that immediately follows the end of the calendar quarter.
Accordingly, Informational Reports for sales tax will be due by the following dates each year:
- July 31 (for the period April 1 to June 30)
- October 31 (for the period July 1 to September 30)
- January 31 (for the period October 1 to December 31)
- April 30 (for the period January 1 to March 31)
The Informational Report must be filed on a form prescribed by the Department showing all of the following information for the immediately preceding calendar quarter:
- Entire amount of the taxpayer’s taxable sales at retail of aviation fuel.
- Gross proceeds of the taxpayer’s business from taxable sales at retail of aviation fuel.
- Amount of tax for which the taxpayer is liable from sales at retail of aviation fuel.
- Number of taxable gallons of aviation fuel sold by the taxpayer at each airport and the gross proceeds from the sales of those gallons of aviation fuel.
- Any other information the Department considers necessary for proper administration.
These Informational Reports shall not include any remittance for sales or use tax, and do not constitute a return or otherwise alleviate the taxpayer’s obligations under section 6 of the General Sales Tax Act, MCL 205.56, or section 6 of the Use Tax Act, MCL 205.96.