The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What is Michigan Treasury Online (MTO)?
MTO is an e-services portal that allows businesses secure, 24/7 online access to their Treasury business accounts. This e-service allows taxpayers or their representatives to electronically file and pay business taxes, update account information and view Treasury issued correspondence.
Which taxes are available on MTO?
The following tax types are available for businesses to file or pay on Michigan Treasury Online:
- Corporate Income Tax (CIT) – payments only.
- Essential Service Assessments (ESA) – returns and payments.
- Flow Through Entity (FTE) Tax – returns and payments.
- Marihuana Retail Facility (MRE) Tax – returns and payments.
- Medical Marihuana Facilities (MMF) Tax – returns and payments.
- Michigan Business Tax (MBT) – payments only.
- Partnership Audit Adjustments (PAA) – payments only.
- Sales, Use, Withholding (SUW) Taxes – returns and payments.
How do I access MTO?
Access MTO directly at mto.treasury.michigan.gov. View the step-by-step instruction guides including log-in instructions for new or returning users.
Which browsers are compatible with MTO?
Michigan Treasury Online is supported by Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari.
Why should I sign up for MTO?
Benefits of MTO are:
- Register for business taxes.
- Free and secure 24/7 online access to your Treasury business account.
- Update your business account information.
- E-file and make e-payments for most business taxes.
- View Treasury issued correspondence.
- Single sign-on for all MTO related functions.
- Authorized users have the ability to establish their own relationship (self-delegate) to a business.
Am I required to use MTO?
The following tax types are required to file returns and make payments through MTO:
- Flow-Through Entity (FTE) Tax
- Marihuana Retailer Excise (MRE) Tax
- Partnership Audit Adjustments (PAA)
If a business is part of the following SUW class types, returns must be filed and paid through MTO or bulk e-file:
- 4% / 6% filers
- Fuel credit filers
- Vehicle dealers
Taxpayers and/or payroll service providers (PSP) using Treasury approved tax preparation commercial or proprietary software can utilize MTOs bulk e-file option.
How is my private information safeguarded by Treasury?
Treasury takes the safeguarding of taxpayer personal information seriously. We are legally obligated to protect all taxpayer information. Treasury utilizes appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process. All Treasury employees are properly trained and legally bound to appropriately ensure that your personal information is protected.
Am I required to create an MTO profile to file returns and make payments with Treasury?
In order to interact with Treasury via MTO, you must create a user profile. However, you are not required to establish a relationship with a registered business. MTO offers fast file and fast pay options. View the step-by-step guides for creating a profile in MTO and filing and paying on behalf of a business.
I am new to MTO; how do I sign up for an MTO profile?