The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Library Services for State Employees
Overview of Services
Library of Michigan reference staff provide a variety of services to State of Michigan employees. Staff will:
- Locate articles in newspapers and magazines.
- Research factual and statistical information, such as demographics, addresses, quotations and dates.
- Provide materials from the Library's extensive collections.
- Investigate a topic and send appropriate background and in-depth materials.
- Obtain materials we do not own from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery.
- Consult and train in the use of print, electronic and Internet resources.
- Develop subject bibilographies.
Our research draws from a variety of print and electronic resources. The Library's Main Collection focuses on government and policy research as well as includes a strong general reference collection. Staff also meet your information needs with our Special Collections, which comprises of Law, Federal and State Government documents, and Michigan material.
The Library of Michigan offers a wide range of print and digital resources for State of Michigan employees.
- Print and Audio/Visual Items: Search for books, magazines and newspapers, videos, maps, and more using the Library's ANSWER catalog.
- Online Resources: Expand your research options with our subscription databases.
- Michigan eLibrary: Find additional online resources through the Michigan eLibrary.
- Library of Michigan Digital: Library of Michigan's online repository and serves as a point of access for unique and rare Michigan-specific materials, many of them published by Michigan state government.
Book/Article InterLibrary Loan Requests
Not finding something in our collections? State employees can request work-related material from the Library of Michigan to be delivered through InterLibrary Loan. Submit your information request electronically through our online forms.
Have more questions about InterLibrary Loans. Find more information on our InterLibrary Loan FAQ page.
Many resources through the Library of Michigan require a Library of Michigan Library Card for access. All State of Michigan employees are eligible for cards. Register for card in-person at the library's reference desk or digitally through our online form.
Tours and Tutorial Sessions
Library of Michigan staff are available to provide tours and tutorial sessions to State of Michigan employees on Library resources. Tours/Sessions may be scheduled for in-person at our facility or remotely through Microsoft Teams. Email us at Librarian@Michigan.gov or call 517-335-1477 for available dates/times.
Law Library Services
The State Law Library offers research services and training sessions to State of Michigan employees that are specifically tailored to the the Law Library collection. Find more information on the Law Library's Research Services page.
Special Collections Update
Contact us with your information needs. Request research assistance by:
Find additional contact information and location directions for the Library of Michigan at www.Michigan.gov/ReachtheLibrary.