The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The Management and Budget Act
The Management and Budget Act defines the powers and duties of the Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget (formerly DMB) and provides guidelines for the operation of the Michigan state government.
Areas covered by the Act include the following:
- Powers, duties, and laws relative to budgeting, accounting, and appropriations;
- Bids, purchases, and contracts for materials and supplies;
- Departmental internal auditing, administrative control, and reporting;
- The capital outlay process;
- The Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference; and
- Revenue, expenditures, and state spending to local governments.