The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Postal pricing can be reviewed at: https://pe.usps.com/.
DTMB Mail and Delivery Services offers a full range of automated and manual mail handling and delivery services. By utilizing these services, State agencies, colleges and universities, public school districts, and local units of government can realize significant cost savings.
DTMB staff are available to help offices design pieces to meet the standards and to recommend ways to obtain the best mailing rates. View more information about postal changes and DTMB services and contacts.
- Automated Services (Bursting, Inserting, Tabbing, Labeling, Direct Inkjet Image Labeler and Sealing)
- Mail Metering. State of the art equipment and technology are used to meter outgoing U.S. mail. Customers provide billing information along with mail to be metered. Once received, mail is weighed, and the appropriate postage is affixed. Mail that qualifies for a U.S. Postal Service discounted sorting rate is metered at the discounted rate and them presorted on Mailing Services’ high-speed mail presorting equipment.
- Mail Presorting. Mailing Services’ uses high-speed mail presorting equipment to presort outgoing U.S. mail by ZIP code. This facilitates customers receiving the greatest available postal discounts from the U.S. Postal Service. Optical Character Recognition equipment is used to read and verify addresses, spray the appropriate Delivery Point Barcodes on mail pieces, verify the barcodes and sort the mail pieces by ZIP codes. This includes the use of Fastforward services which reads and compares the mail piece address to the most recent Postal Service change of address file and, if needed, sprays the new address of the mail piece. The mail is then packaged according to Postal Service regulations and taken to the local post office for processing.
- Address List Management Service, Address Standardization, and Move Updates. This service allows for address element updates (zip code, corrections and move "updates" through an approved USPS vendor).
- Manual Mail Processing. When manual processing is required, Mailing Services provides the following manual processing services: sorting, collating, inserting, labeling, packaging, sealing, and United Parcel Service (UPS). UPS services include preparing and shipping packages and parcels by means of UPS’ Internet-based shipping system. Each day, UPS picks up packages and parcels from MS for processing.
- Small Package Service
- Consulting Services
For more information regarding our mail services, please contact:
Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget
Mail & Delivery Services
7461 Crowner Drive, Lansing, MI, 48913