Michigan Statewide NG911 GIS Repository
The repository provides secure access for 911 entities to upload their data and have access to over 300 data validations to keep the data integrity in alignment with the NENA standards. The data repository aggregates the 911 GIS data into statewide datasets and that can be accessed by the NG911 service providers supporting NG911 geo-routing for the PSAPs. The repository also has functionality for PSAPs to export the data of neighboring jurisdictions for use within their 911 systems such as Computer-Aided Dispatch.
The benefits of the NG911 GIS Repository include, but are not limited to:
The NG911 GIS Repository is the Next Generation 911 repository for required GIS data layers that NG911 service providers will access for state GIS data for the Emergency Call Routing Function (ECRF) and Location Validation Function (LVF). This provides an efficient way for NG911 service providers to access data and save time spent on repeating manual data aggregation steps each time updates are required.
- The NG911 GIS Repository provides data quality control checks and discrepancy reports that will assist PSAPs in maintaining data today and preparing data for Next Generation 911 (NG911). These validations are available for maintainers of GIS data to use within their regular data maintenance workflows so these type of validation tools do not need to be purchased or developed by each jurisdiction.
- Having access to other PSAPs’ data to integrate into existing systems can assist with mutual aid and improve emergency response.
- The NG911 GIS Repository provides additional GIS data backup in the event you need to access your 911 GIS Data from another location due to a PSAP evacuation.
- The NG911 GIS Repository provides the edge-matching and quality control validations for shared boundary features across neighboring jurisdictions to prepare data for NG911.
- Each participating PSAP will be able to access a web-enabled data viewer, via secured login, to view and search 911 datasets from across the state for 911 and emergency management purposes.
- The NG911 GIS Repository has a standard database schema that will provide for improved data interoperability when exporting other jurisdictions’ data from the system to integrate with 911 systems.
- The NG911 GIS Repository provides one interface for NG911 service providers to connect to for NG911 ECRF and LVF rather than needing multiple interfaces to many local GIS systems therefore saving time and costs to the maintenance of multiple interfaces.
- If changes occur to the NENA standards or schema, these can be implemented within the NG911 Repository and configured for the PSAPs rather than needing to change multiple interfaces.
This web page is a central resource for training materials, training events, and technical support contacts.