The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Records Analyst Assistance
Records Management Services provides professional analytical, consulting, and retention schedule assistance to state and local government agencies.
Records analysts can assist with:
- Designing organized filing systems (paper and electronic)
- Selecting proper filing equipment and supplies
- Records storage and maintenance
- Records reproduction (digital imaging and microfilming)
- Electronic document management
- Developing recordkeeping procedures
- Training about best practices for recordkeeping
Professional records analysts will work with your department or agency to develop records Retention and Disposal Schedules. These schedules are your "road map" to ensure proper creation, control, storage and disposal of records.
For additional information, or to request a revision to your agency's schedule, please contact Records Management Services at 517-335-9132.