Skip to main content

What Agencies Can Apply

Public agencies (state agencies, counties, cities, townships, police and fire departments, public schools) and certain qualified nonprofit organizations may acquire Federal Surplus personal property through Michigan's Federal Surplus Property Program. Federal Surplus property has use requirements and restrictions. Michigan's Federal Surplus Property Program is not an entitlement program. Donee eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations. Interested entities must complete the appropriate eligibility application forms and comply with the requirements of periodic updating in order to retain their eligibility.