The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Quick Vehicle Information
Fueling a State Vehicle
A State of Michigan Wheels/WEX (also known as Wright Express) fuel card is assigned to every state vehicle. Fuel cards must only be used with the assigned vehicle.
- Drivers must utilize fuel stations which accept the WEX fuel card and utilize the self-service pump when available.
- At the time of purchase, the driver must enter an odometer reading and a fuel card PIN (Personal Identification Number) which identifies the driver as the purchaser.
The PIN is the last six digits of the driver’s employee ID, which is also known as the HRMN ID.
- Drivers must purchase unleaded regular gasoline only, unless driving a flex fuel vehicle when ethanol E85 fuel may be purchased.
- If the fuel card does not work, follow the instructions on the back of the card. Request that the station attendant contact WEX at 1-800-842-0071. If there is no resolution, the drivers should pay and request reimbursement from the department through the designated travel reimbursement system.
- Stop immediately and investigate.
- Check for injuries and get help immediately if needed.
- Obtain the name,address, phone numbers, and insurance information including policy number of all parties involved.
- Call 1-800-937-8149, and provide a report of the accident. Note: If an accident occurs after business hours, call1-800-937-8149, and their After Hours Services willarrange for your vehicle to be towed. You must still call the next business day to report the accident.
- MAP will provide direction as to the repair of the vehicle.
- Obtain a copy of thepolice report and mail or fax to:
Wheels, Inc., Collision Management, 66 Garland Place, Des Plaines, IL 60016
COLLISION OR VANDALISM?
Report the accident to the MAP Fleet Services Collision Center at 1-800-937-8149 and follow their directions.
They can arrange for alternate transportation if necessary.
If provided a rental vehicle, you must contact your Department Vehicle Coordinator the next working day.
VEHICLE NOT PERFORMING PROPERLY?
EMERGENCY ROADSIDE SERVICE AND TOWING?
TIRES NEED REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT?
In each of these SITUATIONS, contact MAINTENANCE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (MAP)
A MAP guide is located in the Vehicle Information folder in each vehicle’s glove box.
?To contact Vehicle and Travel Services for regular business, call 517-636-6000 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday,