- FCC Community Use of E-Rate-Supported Wi-Fi is Permitted During Closures
- Free & Low-Cost Internet Plans to Share With Your Patrons
- FCC and COVID-19: Keep America Connected
- Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) and E-Rate
- Universal Service Fund USF (E-rate) Support Services through the Library of Michigan. Check this link for specific information.
E-rate is the federal program that provides for reduced rates on Internet access and internal connections for schools and libraries. Your discount rate is based on the number of school children in your area who are eligible for a free or reduced lunch. E-rate can save your library money through lower fees for these vital services. you can send an email to email@example.com.
Device Purchasing Through REMCSAVE
- Device Purchasing Program
Did you know that libraries are eligible to purchase devices such as laptops, desktops, and peripherals through REMCSAVE, often at prices below market? Frequently Asked Questions about the bid and SPOT, such as how to log in and how to make a purchase, can be found in the Help section on the REMC SAVE website. PDFs with all of the awarded devices and the options available for each awarded device are available in the Buying Guide section at the bottom of the Help page.
Discount Calculations for Libraries/NSLP Data
Partner Tools and Resources
- E-rate Consultant Best Practices Hiring Guidelines from the Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)
- USAC Schools & Libraries Homepage
- USAC News Briefs (select the SL Program News Brief)
- E-Rate Central
- Applicant E-Rate History (enter BEN in upper left)
- American Library Association E-Rate Homepage
- American Library Association District Dispatch
- Michigan Department of Education E-rate Information