The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Salt, Bulk Rock
ROAD SALT 2022/2023 WINTER SEASON
The contracts for the 2022/2023 winter season are listed below. Additional information about the road salt program:
- Early fill awards: Awarded vendor for your location will contact you about delivery in September/October.
- Seasonal Back-up: Contact the vendor after November 1st for road salt as needed. (The requests must be in at least 50 ton increments.)
- The 2022/2023 road salt pricing is good through August 2023.
Detroit Salt (Early/Seasonal)
Contract #: 180000000768
Contact: Steve Briggs
Compass Minerals, Inc (Early/Seasonal)
Contract #: 180000000787
Contact: Joel Gerdes
Cargill Salt, Co (Early/Seasonal)
Contract #: 180000000791
Contact: Mary Meehan
Phone: 800-600-7258, Ext 1
You must be a MiDEAL member to participate in the road salt program. If you are not a member and would like to join, contact us at MiDEAL@michigan.gov. Check out the MiDEAL Advantage series to better understand the road salt program.
A few highlights about the Road Salt Program contracts:
- Your quantity is guaranteed, which helps alleviate supply headaches.
- You have additional product available if you max out your supply (all vendors are required to keep 30% extra here in Michigan to ensure that MiDEAL Members have what they need in case of a heavy winter)
- You are only required to accept 80% of your seasonal backup commitment.
MiDEAL is more than just salt! Roughly 500 different contracts are extended to members, from computers and copiers to lawn equipment and vehicles. To review the list of contracts, visit the MiDEAL homepage. Your feedback and questions are always welcome. Reach us by phone at 517.388.4558 or by email at MiDEAL@michigan.gov.