- LM Continuing Education Opportunities
- WebJunction Self-Paced Courses and Webinars
WebJunction provides online training on a variety of library-related topics. Certificates of completion of provided with self-paced courses and webinar archives are available.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Library of Michigan Webinar Archives
We've archived webinars provided by Library of Michigan staff on a variety of topics. These are available to you 24/7 for your convenience. Check back often for updates.
- Free Library Related Webinars
Dozens of online sessions to help you gain the knowledge, skills and abilities to move your library forward and connect with your community.
Regularly Scheduled LM CE
- Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries Conference: April 13 -
April 15, 2020
The Library of Michigan Foundation generously supports the Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries Conference through administration of Loleta Fyan funds.
- Beginning Workshop - May 13-15, 2020
An annual 3-day event held each spring for library staff without a Master's degree in Library Science. Beginning Workshop is a requirement to obtain Level 3 or Level 4 Library of Michigan certification.
- New Director Workshop - September 17, 2020
This annual one-day event provides a wide range of information for new public library directors. Attendance at the event is necessary for director certification as part of the qualification criteria for State Aid to Public Libraries.
- Advanced Director Workshop - September 18, 2020
This one-day event provides information on specific topics for new and experienced directors. Attendance at the event is necessary for director certification as part of the qualification criteria for State Aid to Public Libraries for Classes 4-6 libraries.
Library Continuing Education Program
- Library Continuing Education Program
The Library of Michigan strives to support libraries’ efforts to provide quality service and programming to their communities. A major element of excellent service is empowering library staff to learn and implement new skills and best practices. The Library Continuing Education program helps by providing financial support for library staff continuing education.
Online Education (National)
- Arizona State Library - Collection Development Training
Collection Development Training (CDT) provides practical training in how to perform collection development activities in public libraries.
- Colorado State Library - Library Creation and Learning Centers
Tech Training materials for library staff and patrons.
- eLearning Soft Skills
14 eLearning modules on lifelong soft skills providing basic and foundational skills for the workplace to help workers succeed in the 21st century
- Idaho Commission for Libraries - Able Program
The Alternative Basic Library Education (ABLE) Program is designed to help library staff members who have no formal education in library science to acquire the basic knowledge and skills needed to operate or work in a library through general classes.
- Idaho Commission for Libraries - Sable Program
The Supplemental Alternative Basic Library Education (SABLE) Program is designed to help library staff members who have no formal education in library science to acquire the basic knowledge and skills needed to operate or work in a library through more specific classes.
- Indiana University School of Information and Library Science
Shaping Outcomes course from the Indiana University library school. It is an instructor moderated outcome-based evaluation course. The course is tuition based and runs every four to six weeks.
- InfoPeople Webinars & Online Courses
Infopeople is part of the Califa Group, a nonprofit consortium of more than 230 libraries committed to unleashing the impact of libraries. Infopeople provides library staff quality continuing education opportunities that are tailored to library needs and developed by experienced library professionals. Training formats include 2-6 week asynchronous online courses, as well as free one-hour webinars. InfoPeople offers a limited number of scholoarships for their online courses to ARSL members.
- Public Library Director 101 Series
Provides an introduction to the many and unique facets of public library directorship. This series of four on-demand recordings provides a broad overview that both informs and inspires.
- UW-Madison School of Library & Information Studies - Online Continuing Education Courses
Each academic term, the UW-Madison SLIS is offering a selection of moderated online courses for a fee on library continuing education topics.
- Lakeland Library Cooperative
- Michigan Association for Media in Education
- Michigan eLibrary (MeL) Training
- Michigan Library Association
- Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
- Mideastern Michigan Library Cooperative
- Mid-Michigan Library League
- Northland Library Cooperative
- Suburban Library Cooperative
- Superiorland Library Cooperative
- The Library Network
- White Pine Library Cooperative
- Woodlands Library Cooperative
- ALA Directory of Accredited LIS Master's Programs
- ALA Library Support Staff Resource Center
- American Library Association - Events and Conferences
- American Library Association Continuing Education Information
- Public Library Association Continuing Education Information
- Special Library Association Calendar of Events