The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
What collection methods are used to recover benefit payments?When there are outstanding payments due, customers have the option to repay the amount in full or make the required minimum monthly payment on outstanding debt. UI also uses various collection methods to recover benefit payments.
Voluntary Wage Assignment (allows UI to receive 15% of your gross pay for repayment)
• Intercept your federal income tax refund through the United States Department of Treasury
• Intercept your state income tax refund through the Michigan Department of Treasury
• Administrative garnishment without obtaining a court order (25% of your disposable pay)
• Withhold future unemployment benefits to pay the debt
• Take legal action in the courts to collect the debt
Why did I receive a Notice of Delinquent Wage Tax Report?This letter was mailed because we did not receive your current or past due Wage Record report within 45 days of its due date. Please make sure you file your reports timely before January 25, April 25, July 25, and October 25 of each calendar year.