The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Community Service Commission
The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities.
The MCSC achieves its mission by:
- Securing and granting funds Selecting and training high-quality grantees
- Overseeing and monitoring grantee results
- Recognizing the success and effectiveness of volunteer programs and activities
- Developing and sharing resources Conducting research and evaluation
- Creating networks among volunteer organizations
- Sharing the results of our investments
- Serving as a bridge between the public and nonprofit sector
2024 Governor's Service Awards
Nominations are open for the 2024 Governor's Service Awards. The Governor presents these prestigious awards to recognize individuals and organizations for their tremendous volunteer and philanthropic efforts. The Award ceremony is an inspirational event that acknowledges the valuable and important contribution of volunteering and giving to the social, cultural, economic, and environmental well-being of Michigan communities. It pays tribute to those whose efforts inspire and promote the spirit of volunteerism and giving through their exemplary endeavors.
We encourage you to tell the story of those who are doing incredible things!