The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Council for Rehabilitation Services
To improve public Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services delivered by the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons (BSBP) and Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS).
BSBP and MRS will provide VR services in manners that are respectful, equitable and effective in achieving meaningful employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
The members of the MCRS believe:
The right to choose is realized by access to all information.
- Work opportunities open doors to individual independence and participation in community life.
- A focus on an individual's assets and strengths leads to employment success.
- Person-centered goals, service plans and delivery systems lead to individual employment success.
- Shared roles and responsibilities improve satisfaction with the rehabilitation process.
- Collaborative partnerships with federal, state, local agencies and business entities are critical for VR system effectiveness.
- February 10, 2022 — Horatio Earle Learning Center, 7575 Crowner Dr., Dimondale, MI 48821
- May 12, 2022 — Disability Network Capital Area, 901 E. Mt. Hope Lansing MI 48910
August 11, 2022CANCELED
- September 8, 2022 — Meeting Location: Disability Network Capital Area, 901 E. Mt. Hope Ave., Lansing, MI 48910
- November 10, 2022 — Meeting Location: Michigan Career & Technical Institute (MCTI), 11611 Pine Lake Road, Plainwell, MI 49080
- February 9, 2023 — Meeting Location: Disability Network Capital Area, 901 E. Mt. Hope Ave., Lansing, MI 48910
- May 11, 2023 — Meeting Location: Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Training Center, 1541 Oakland Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
- August 10, 2023 — Location TBD
- September 7, 2023 — Location TBD
MCRS Contact Information