The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MCSC's Mission and Vision
The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities.
The MCSC achieves its mission by:
- Securing and granting funds
- Selecting and training high-quality grantees
- Overseeing and monitoring grantee results
- Recognizing the success and effectiveness of volunteer programs and activities
- Developing and sharing resources
- Conducting research and evaluation
- Creating networks among volunteer organizations
- Sharing the results of our investments
- Serving as a bridge between the public and nonprofit sectors
MCSC Program Statement
The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities. The MCSC uses Michigan's AmeriCorps, Mentor Michigan, Volunteer Michigan, and the Governor's Service Awards to achieve just that.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
The Michigan Community Service Commission is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion that is reflective of the communities we serve. We learn and grow better together with a diverse network of employees, service members, grantees, volunteers and partners. The collective sum of our individual differences is the foundation of our culture, reputation, achievements and potential. We acknowledge our nation’s history, while proactively shaping its future.
In our daily operations, we are committed to listening and learning, and we welcome the unique contributions that our entire network offers. We will not only prioritize equity and social justice in our workplace, but will also strive to be a cultivator of change for Michigan communities.