Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Desk
The CIP Desk is a Department of Homeland Security baseline capability for the State Fusion Center. The CIP Desk is located within the MIOC is the centralized location for all critical infrastructure information, collection and dissemination of Homeland Security documents, threat reporting, special event assessments, and program coordination. The CIP Desk provides critical interface between the private and public sectors.
Contact: 517-712-1556 or CIP-Desk@Michigan.gov
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct public and private sector outreach, through multiple security consortiums and working groups, to promote the capabilities of the MIOC and CIP Desk.
- Maintain and develop two way communications between the CIP Desk and the Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR) operators and security mangers to encourage cooperation in information sharing and threat management.
- Conduct security assessments for CIKR facilities across the state.
- Serve as the state link to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for CIKR programs and data collection.
- Provide threat/hazards assessment to select special events and facilities.