The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
LEIN Training Materials
- Basic LEIN Training (pdf)
LEIN Operator Certification Tests
As of Wednesday, April 21, 2021, the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) Operator Certification tests for law enforcement and courts are now available through MI-TRAIN. The written test will no longer be provided.
LEIN and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) policy requires all operators to be certified within six months of hire and recertified every two years.
The LEIN Operator Certification test consists of two sections:
- Section 1 pertains to policy and inquiries and shall be administered to all operators.
- Section 2 pertains to update transactions (entries, modifications, supplementals, and cancellations) and shall be administered to all operators who perform entries, modifications, supplementals, and cancellations on any type of record, in addition to Section 1.
MI-TRAIN will automatically require Section 1 be taken and completed prior to allowing Section 2 to be taken.
LEIN Operator's will be required to have their own MI-TRAIN account. The LEIN Operator Certification tests can be located by searching for the following MI-TRAIN course IDs:
- Law Enforcement - Section 1: 1097016
- Law Enforcement - Section 2: 1097017
- Court - Section 1: 1097018
- Court - Section 2: 1097019
Once a LEIN Operator has completed and passed the test, a certificate of completion will be available for download. LEIN Operators must print and provide a copy of their certificate to their agency TAC for documentation purposes.