The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate and rank all student training applicants:
- Must be a full-time law enforcement officer with certification from the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
- Must be in good physical condition, and able to perform duties pertaining to clandestine lab investigation. These duties include wearing air-purifying respirators (APR), self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and other personal protection equipment (PPE) while lifting and carrying light to moderate weight objects.
- Application must be complete and accurate.
- Application must be endorsed by the immediate supervisor or agency head, certifying that the applicant will, on successful completion of the course, be available to respond to clandestine laboratory sites within their jurisdiction as well as those within adjoining counties.
- Once accepted, the applicant agrees to obtain an OSHA/MIOSHA required physical, provided by their employer before the training, and on an annual basis thereafter, while the employee is responding to clandestine laboratories.
- Students must be clean shaven as they are required to wear APR's and SCBA's during the training course.