The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
EGLE supports using Energy Savings Performance Contracting (ESPC) for energy improvement projects. ESPC can be used by government buildings, schools, and other commercial buildings and is a great way to update buildings, oftentimes, without any capital investment upfront for the building owner. The projects are paid for using the savings generated by the building update and these projects should be cash flow positive.
EGLE staff also serves on the board of the Energy Services Coalition - Michigan Chapter. The Energy Services Coalition is a public private partnership promoting the benefits of, providing education on, and serving as advocates for the widespread use of Guaranteed Energy Savings Performance Contracting (GESPC) by state and local governments.
- Energy Services Coalition - Michigan Chapter
- ESPC Enabling Legislation
- U.S. Department of Energy - ESPC
- U.S. Department of Energy - Qualified List of Energy Services Companies
- National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO)
- National Conference of State Legislators
- National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) - ESPC Overview, Cash Flows