The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Public Participation Policy
EGLE seeks input on updated draft Public Participation Policy and draft Language Access Plan. Comments due by April 1, 2024.
The MI Department of Environment, Great Lakes & Energy seeks input on their updated draft Public Participation Policy and draft Language Access Plan. Both the policy and the plan were last updated in January of 2020.
Overall, the revised policy aims to foster meaningful public participation, transparency, and ongoing improvement in EGLE programs and activities.
- February 1st: Comment period opens for draft Public Participation Policy and draft Language Access Plan
- March 6th: Virtual listening session 1
- March 7th: Virtual listening session 2 (Translation in Arabic, Spanish, and ASL)
- April 1st: Public comment closes
- Spring 2024: Response to comments and final draft
Previous Policy on Public Involvement (Updated in 2020)
The former policy from 2020 is linked below for people to compare with the updated Public Participation Policy.
- Policy 09-007 Policy on Public Involvement in Department Programs and Activities
- Policy 09-007 Política sobre la Participación Pública en las Decisiones del Departamento
- Policy 09-007 سیاسة المشاركة العامة في قرارات القسم
Previous Limited English Proficiency Plan (Updated in 2020)
The former plan from 2020 is linked below and you can find more information here: Limited English Proficiency Plan