Skip to main content

Michigan Environmental Health and Drinking Water Information System (MiEHDWIS)

Mug with Michigan sitting on campground table
Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy

Michigan Environmental Health and Drinking Water Information System (MiEHDWIS)

The Michigan Environmental Health and Drinking Water Information System (MiEHDWIS) is a multi-year project to modernize many of Drinking Water and Environmental Health Division's existing permitting, licensing, and compliance information systems into one web-based application.

The goal of MiEHDWIS is to streamline communication between Michigan's public drinking water supplies and EGLE, increase data transparency, and facilitate collaboration between EGLE and local health department staff supporting environmental health programs. Many MiEHDWIS features are still being developed and will eventually be available to regulated entities (campgrounds, public swimming pools, public water supplies, etc.), for permit application, license renewals and uploading reports and documentation.



Contact Information

For MiEHDWIS questions, contact:

For MILogin issues, call: 1-800-968-2644

Already a user? Log in here:

MILogin for Third Party

MILogin for Citizens

How do I request an account?

MILogin for Citizens

A MILogin for Citizens account should only be used for those that associate their personal email and/or phone number with their work.

MILogin for Third Party

A MILogin for Third Party account should only be used for those that use a work or business email and/or phone number.

Request MiEHDWIS

After signing up for a MILogin account, users will be able to request access to MiEHDWIS.

Note: Do not create a new MILogin account if you already created one for another use. You can add MiEHDWIS to your existing MILogin account.

Frequently Asked Questions

View MiEHDWIS FAQs to find answers to the most popular questions our help desk receives!

Who should request an account?

Tent lit up at night at campground at Big Bear lake Credit: DNR

Campground Owners

Campground owners can upload applications and supporting documentation.

septage being injected

Septage Haulers

Septage haulers can upload documents, such as applications from septage businesses, operating plan amendments from septage waste facilities, and other supporting documentation.

indoor pool with windows

Public Swimming Pool Owners and Operators

Public swimming pool owners and operators can upload applications and supporting documentation.

Girl drinking water from a glass
group of engineers discussing plans

Engineering Contractors

Engineering contractors will have the ability to submit applications and communicate with DWEHD staff as program areas roll out.

Two EGLE Onsite Wastewater Management staff at the Ingham County Health Department

Local Health Departments

Local health department staff can upload various reports to the Campground, Septage, and Public Swimming Pool programs, as well as submit requests to the Onsite Wastewater Management (OWM) program. More functionality and improved communications with DWEHD staff will become available in future MiEHDWIS releases. 

Tutorial videos

Creating a MILogin Account

This tutorial shows external users how to create a MILogin for Third Party account. A MILogin account is required before creating a MiEHDWIS Account. 

Creating a MILogin Account

Requesting Access to MiEHDWIS

Follow along with this video to see how to request access to a MiEHDWIS account. This is the next step after creating a MILogin account. After requesting permissions for MiEHDWIS, a MiEHDWIS system administrator will be in touch.


Requesting Access to MiEHDWIS

Using the Customer Portal

Take a look at how to use the MiEHDWIS Customer Portal to submit documentation and send requests to EGLE Drinking Water and Environmental Health Division staff.

Using the Customer Portal