The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Kalamazoo River AOC
Contact: John Riley 517-897-2398
The Kalamazoo River Area of Concern, located in the southwestern Lower Peninsula, includes the lower portion of the watershed from Morrow Dam in Kalamazoo County near Galesburg to the mouth of the river in Allegan County at Saugatuck as well as three miles of Portage Creek upstream from its confluence with the Kalamazoo River. It was identified as an Area of Concern due to historical releases of polychlorinated biphenyls into the Kalamazoo River from de-inking operations at local paper mills.
- Kalamazoo River and River Raisin Aesthetics BUI Removal Documentation
- Kalamazoo Beach Closings BUI Removal Documentation
- Kalamazoo River Project Highlight - Portage Creek Toxic Source Reduction
- Kalamazoo River Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- Kalamazoo River Remedial Action Plan Update
- Kalamazoo River Remedial Action Plan (1987): contact John Riley at RileyJ2@michigan.gov or 517-897-2398
- Kalamazoo River AOC Boundary Map
- Kalamazoo River Watershed Council