The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
River Raisin AOC
Contact: Melanie Foose 517-897-3244
The River Raisin Area of Concern, located in the southeastern Lower Peninsula, discharges into the western basin of Lake Erie at Monroe Harbor. The boundaries of the River Raisin Area of Concern are the lower (2.6 miles) portion of the River Raisin, downstream from Dam No. 6 at Winchester Bridge in the City of Monroe, extending one-half mile into Lake Erie following the Federal Navigation Channel and along the nearshore zone of Lake Erie both north and south, for one mile. Contaminated sediments from polychlorinated biphenyls have been identified as the primary pollutant of concern.
- River Raisin Fish and Wildlife Habitat and Populations BUI Removal Recommendations
- Kalamazoo River and River Raisin Aesthetics BUI Removal Documentation
- River Raisin Eutrophication BUI Removal Documentation
- River Raisin Beach Closings BUI Removal Documentation
- River Raisin Project Highlight - Fish Passage
- River Raisin Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- River Raisin Remedial Action Plan update
- River Raisin Remedial Action Plan (1987): contact Melanie Foose at FooseM@michigan.gov or 517-897-3244
- River Raisin AOC Boundary Map
- River Raisin Legacy Project