The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
All Hazards Incident Management Team
The Michigan State Police/Emergency Management and Homeland Security Division (MSP/EMHSD) working with the Michigan All Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT) Advisory Committee, administers the Michigan AHIMT Program, which is designed to promote the training, usage, and maintenance of Incident Management Teams at the Type III and Type IV level within the state. The AHIMT program consists of Type IV IMT Guidance and Position Taskbooks (PTBs), the State Type III IMT Program, and the state of Michigan AHIMT Designation Program.
Each of these programs were developed in conjunction with partners from state and local agencies, intergovernmental organizations, and subject matter experts. There have been many local efforts to develop, utilize, and maintain Type IV IMTs in Michigan, and the work of the Michigan AHIMT Advisory Committee looks to build on that by providing guidance for additional programs to develop these necessary resources. Below you will find descriptions of each component of the IMT program, with links to important documents. If you have any questions regarding the State of Michigan All-Hazards Incident Management Team Program, please reach out to Mr. Larry St. George at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-449-0470.
AHIMT Program Guidance
Type IV PTBs
- Type IV Finance Section Chief (FSC)
- Type IV Incident Commander (IC)
- Type IV Logistics Section Chief (LSC)
- Type IV Operations Section Chief (OSC)
- Type IV Planning Section Chief (PSC)
- Type IV Public Information Officer (PIO)
Type III PTBs
- Type III Finance Admin Section Chief
- Type III Incident Commander (IC)
- Type III Liaison Officer
- Type III Logistics Section Chief (LSC)
- Type III Operations Section Chief (OSC)
- Type III Planning Section Chief (PSC)
- Type III Public Information Officer (PIO)
- Type III Resources Unit Leader
- Type III Safety Officer
- Type III Situation Unit Leader