The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Angel Program Volunteer Qualifications
Qualifications: Reliable, non-judgmental, and compassionate individual. Flexibility is a must in this position. Ability to stay calm under pressure or in difficult situations is a necessity. Willingness to assist in additional tasks, is essential. All Angels must sign applicable MSP Angel Program paperwork, including confidentiality and liability release waiver forms.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Registered, insured vehicle in operating condition.
- Provide transportation to treatment center for participant.
- Pay for required meals and lodging up front; then request for reimbursement, which may take up to 60 days.
- Submit to Criminal History Background Check.
- At least 2 years in recovery.
- Attendance at all mandatory trainings.
- Reliable contact information (phone and email).
- Ability to provide schedule of availability.
- Complete and sign required Angel paperwork.
- Must be within one-hour drive of the Michigan State Police Post.
- Listen and engage with participants.
- Provide resources and encouragement to the participant.
- Assist participant with program paperwork.
- Provide transportation services to assigned treatment center.