Graphic Packaging International, LLC
Graphic Packaging International, LLC (GPI) is located at 1421 N. Pitcher Street, in Kalamazoo. GPI produces paper-based packaging for a variety of products including cups, cartons, boxes, and other food containers. It produces the paper material as well as folding and labeling the products. Industrial processes at the facility are subject to state and federal air quality rules and regulations as well as various waste and water regulations.
Click the overview map to enlarge it.
UPDATE: EGLE, USEPA, and the Michigan Dept. of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) held an on-line community meeting on 10/5/2021 to discuss air sampling activities around GPI.
Individuals with disabilities may contact EGLE's ADA Accessibility Coordinator to request an alternative format to any linked material posted on this page. Please visit Michigan.gov/ADA for a list of state ADA Coordinators.
For the pollutants, ozone, and particulate matter that is 2.5 microns in diameter or less, you can find real-time air monitoring information on EGLE's air monitoring webpage or sign up to receive air quality alerts through Enviroflash.
- Air Inspection, Compliance & Enforcement Documents
- Past Emissions Information
- Air Permits to Install (starts on page 90)
- Press Release: EGLE Approves Changes to Graphic Packaging Air Permit to Install (PTI)
- Press Release: EGLE to Provide Update on Air Quality Investigation at Graphic Packaging in Kalamazoo
- City of Kalamazoo WWTP Odor Task Force Data Portal