The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Air Quality Facility-Specific Information
The Air Quality Division posts information about facilities regulated by state and federal air quality regulations in the State of Michigan. This information includes, but is not limited to, Permits to Install (PTI), Renewable Operating Permits (ROP), inspection reports, stack test report executive summaries, enforcement documents, annual emissions reports, and air quality actions open for comment.
If a link leads to a page with only "parent directory" showing, this indicates that no documents are available currently for the facility. Information pre-dating October 1, 2013, may be available and can be requested via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Facility-Specific Web Pages
Facility files (including asbestos and dry cleaning sources) consist of minor and major source air permits, emissions testing, violation notices and responses, compliance evaluations, staff activity reports, and more. Facility information is usually updated every Monday by midday.
Permits, Violations, Emissions Testing, and More
The files below are sorted in various ways for all files, asbestos-related files, and Permits. Permits are Permits to Install (PTIs) and Renewable Operating Permits (ROPs). PDFs ten pages or longer have bookmarks to help you navigate better. Not all browsers display them. Check for bookmark or content buttons on the upper left or right of your browser window depending on which browser you are using.
Except for permit files, file names have a particular file-naming convention. Sources are identified by State Registration Number (SRN), an Unidentified Facility Number (beginning with the letter "U"), or an Establishment Number (beginning with the letters "EN") .
- Asbestos Violation Notices: SRN_ASBVN
- Consent Decrees: SRN_CD
- Dry Cleaning Violation Notices: EN_DCVN
- Enforcement Documents: SRN_ACO, SRN_AFO, SRN_CJ, SRN_DJ, SRN_ENFN, SRN_STIP
- Inspection Reports: SRN_SAR, SRN_FCE
- Relative Accuracy Test Audits: SRN_RATA
- Stack Test Report Executive Summaries: SRN_TEST
- Surface Emission Monitoring: SRN_SEM
- Violation Notices: SRN_VN
- Response to Violation Notice: SRN_RVN, SRN_RASBVN (ASB = Asbestos)
All Sources and Information
Permits to Install (PTIs)
Renewable Operating Permits (ROPs)
Actions Open for Public Comment
All air quality actions open for public comment are available at Michigan.gov/EGLEAirPublicNotice. They include:
- Air Permits to Install (PTIs)
- Renewable Operating Permits (ROPs)
- Permits with Acid Rain or Cross-State Air Pollution Rule Requirements
- Air Toxics
- Compliance - Consent Orders
- Air Quality Rules and the State Implementation Plan (SIP)
The Annual Air Emissions Query contains historical air emission information from facilities required to report air emissions on an annual basis.