Diamond Chrome Plating, Inc.
Diamond Chrome Plating, Inc. (Diamond Chrome) is located at 604 S. Michigan Avenue in Howell. Diamond Chrome has been conducting hard chrome and cadmium coating operations for the aerospace, aeronautical, and food industries since 1953. Diamond Chrome utilizes several different plating processes that have had historical impacts on area air, soil, and groundwater.
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) continues to investigate past and present releases to ambient air, indoor air, soil, groundwater and Diamond Chrome’s hazardous waste handling practices. This website will be updated with information obtained throughout the course of those investigations. Information on this website will also chronicle environmental response actions and potential next steps to remediate releases to the environment.
- What is trichloroethylene (TCE)?
- National Air Toxics Data
- TCE Fact Sheet
- TCE Issue Frequently Asked Questions
- Active Permits to Install (PTIs)
What is EGLE Doing?
- DCP Vapor Intrusion Investigation Update (March 2020)
- Ambient Air Samples Results (November 2019)
- Ambient Air Samples Results (December 2019)
- General Vapor Intrusion Information
- Public Meeting Presentation (November 21, 2019)
- Response to Community Questions - Environmental Concerns
- Response to Community Questions - Health Concerns