Diamond Chrome Plating
Diamond Chrome Plating, Inc. (Diamond Chrome) is located at 604 S. Michigan Avenue in Howell. Diamond Chrome has been conducting hard chrome and cadmium coating operations for the aerospace, aeronautical, and food industries since 1953. As part of the finishing process, Diamond Chrome utilizes trichloroethylene (TCE) in a parts washer -- also referred to as vapor degreaser -- to clean metals products prior to the application of hard chrome or cadmium coatings. The facility is also subject to the federal NESHAP Subpart T for vapor degreasers.
EGLE, along with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the United States Environmental Protection Agency, are investigating the release of trichloroethylene (TCE). This website will be updated with information obtained throughout the course of these investigations.
What is EGLE Doing?
- DCP Vapor Intrusion Investigation Update (March 2020)
- Ambient Air Samples Results (November 2019)
- Ambient Air Samples Results (December 2019)
- General Vapor Intrusion Information
- Public Meeting Presentation (November 21, 2019)
- Response to Community Questions - Environmental Concerns
- Response to Community Questions - Health Concerns