The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Collection Site and Processor Information
A Collection Site is a site consisting of a parcel, or adjacent parcels, of real property where tires accumulate. For a more detailed definition, please review Part 169.
A Scrap tire processor is a person who is authorized to accumulate scrap tires and is engaged in the business of buying or otherwise acquiring scrap tires and reducing their volume by shredding or otherwise facilitating recycling or resource recovery techniques.
Inspection of scrap tire collection sites includes the collection of mosquito larval samples for analysis to ensure that a site is not creating an unhealthy living environment for the community around it.
Registration and Reporting
The EGLE Scrap Tire Program has switched to online reporting for Scrap Tire Hauler, Scrap Tire Collection Sites, and Scrap Tire End Users. Registrations and Annual Reporting will be completed through this online reporting platform.
IF YOU HAD AN ACCOUNT PREVIOUSLY, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-JOIN. You can log in with your password at Re-TRAC Connect.
Not a member, Guide to joining Re-TRAC
- Create a Re-TRAC account
- Visit https://connect.re-trac.com and enter your e-mail address that will be used as your login. It is recommended to use a generic organizational email address that multiple staff can access, if possible. Fill out the prompts to create your account.
- Login to Re-TRAC Connect
- Once you have an account, login to Re-TRAC Connect using your e-mail and password.
- Find the EGLE Program you want to join
- Click "Find Programs" at the top left-hand side of the page
- Search for your Program
- Search "Scrap Tire Authorization Program" and select "Join Program"
- For Collection Site Registration Fee Payment
- Pay online at Michigan Scrap Tire Collection Site PayPlace (preferred)
- Pay via mail with an Annual Collection Site Application Fee Payment Form (EQP 5540)
For more information and instructions, please review the Re-TRAC Collection Site Instructions.