The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control/Construction Storm Water Permits: 1-5 Acres
All projects with an earth disturbance of 1 acre or greater are required to obtain permit coverage from the local Soil Erosion Permitting Entity. Sites disturbing equal to or greater than 1 acre, but less than five acres, are also required to follow permit by rule. Coverage is automatic if you are an Authorized Public Agency or covered under a Part 91/Soil Erosion permit, but a certified storm water operator is also required to inspect the site weekly and within 24 hours of a rain event resulting in a discharge of storm water from the site.
- EGLE SESC/CSW Staff Map (pdf)
- Permit by Rule (pdf)
- Construction Storm Water Operator Training
- Construction Storm Water Operator Log Template (doc)
- Part 91 (pdf)
- Part 91 Rules (pdf)
- Permit Transfer Forms (pdf)
- Permit Transfer Obligations (doc)
- Part 91, Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control FAQ (pdf)
- Winter Construction Storm Water Inspection Policy (pdf)
- Permit by Rule FAQ (pdf)