Skip to main content

Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control/Construction Storm Water Permits: 1-5 Acres

All projects with an earth disturbance of 1 acre or greater are required to obtain permit coverage from the local Soil Erosion Permitting Entity. Sites disturbing equal to or greater than 1 acre, but less than five acres, are also required to follow permit by rule. Coverage is automatic if you are an Authorized Public Agency or covered under a Part 91/Soil Erosion permit, but a certified storm water operator is also required to inspect the site weekly and within 24 hours of a rain event resulting in a discharge of storm water from the site.