Skip to main content

Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control/Construction Stormwater Permits: Greater than 5 Acres

Sites disturbing over five acres, with a point source discharge to the waters of the state, are required to obtain permit coverage from the local Soil Erosion Permitting Entity, or be designated an APA, and then submit an application for Notice of coverage (NOC). Along with the NOC application, the applicant/permittee must submit a copy of the SESC permit, approved SESC plan, site location map, and the appropriate fee to the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy.