The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Monitoring the Water Quality of Lakes Rivers and Streams
How can I find information about the water quality of my inland lake?
EGLE has developed a compressive Inland Lakes Monitoring Strategy that details current and historic programs used to meet inland lake monitoring goals. This includes several activities and programs where inland lake monitoring data can be found as follows:
- Cooperative Lake Monitoring Program
- Inland Lakes & Streams Protection Program
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) lake sampling
- Targeted Monitoring
- National Lake Assessment
- Fish Contaminant Monitoring
- Beach Monitoring
- Aquatic Nuisance Control related monitoring
- Aquatic Invasive Species
- Water Withdrawal Program Support
- Sediment Chemistry
- Harmful Algae Monitoring