The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference coming to Kalamazoo September 19-21
August 16, 2023
The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) is hosting the first in-person Great Lakes Water Infrastructure Conference, September 19-21 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. This conference aims to bring together leading experts, municipal officials, water professionals, academia, nonprofits, as well as state and local officials to discuss and address water infrastructure challenges and solutions in the Great Lakes region.
“The Great Lakes contain one-fifth of the planet’s fresh surface water, and tens of millions rely on them for drinking, sanitation, and recreation among other needs,” said Phil Roos, EGLE director. “This conference brings together those whose jobs it is to invest wisely in the systems that ensure the integrity of this resource – drinking water treatment plants, wastewater treatment systems, and the networks of underground utilities that connect to them – to ensure future generations continue to be sustained by our unmatched freshwater resources.”
Conference highlights include:
- Two pre-conference workshops on Sept. 19 on cybersecurity for the water sector and chemical storage and reporting for water and wastewater.
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of professionals from around the Great Lakes region, including federal, state, and local officials.
- Exhibitors of innovative technology.
- Expert plenary speakers putting solutions into place.
- Over 30 concurrent presentations delivered by experts will cover key topics focused on funding and finance, workforce, drinking water systems and technology, wastewater, storm water, engagement, and other hot topics!
- Continuing education credits for professional engineers, drinking water professionals, and wastewater professionals.
Register today and join hundreds of professionals in the national conversation about solutions to improve water quality and public health while transforming communities of the Great Lakes Basin.
- September 19-21, 2023
- Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, 100 West Michigan Avenue,
Kalamazoo MI 49007
- Save money and register by August 31 to attend all sessions for just $195
- Attendee registration deadline: September 11, 2023