If you previously had an unemployment claim, including regular UI, Extended Benefits (EB), Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) or Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), went back to work, and are temporarily unemployed again, you can reopen your claim online with MiWAM.
Things to know when reopening an existing claim:
- Do not create a new account. Use your same MiWAM username and password you used previously.
- Reopen your claim during the first week of unemployment or reduced work hours or wages.
- Have your Employer Account number (EAN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN). It may be provided by your employer or found on your W-2.
- Payments will be made using the same payment method previously selected.
- If you previously had a Bank of America (BoA) card, the funds will be added to the card.
- If you no longer have the BOA card, or have a problem with your existing card, contact Bank of America at 1-866-436-1964 or www.bankofamerica.com/miuiadebitcard.
- To change your payment method, click the Claimant Services tab; then click Modify Benefit Payment Method.
- Be sure to read and respond to all requests for information to avoid payment delays.
- When certifying for benefits, be sure to report your gross earnings (amount before taxes and other deductions) in the week in which they were earned, not when you were paid.
- After you’ve completed your claim, a Confirmation page will display the date of your next certification.
Reopen or File Your Claim Online with MiWAM at Michigan.gov/uia.
Questions? Contact UIA Customer Service at 1-866-500-0017 or Chat with an agent using MiWAM.