Steps to Reopen Your UI Claim
If you previously stopped an unemployment claim because you went back to work, and are now unemployed again, you can reopen your claim online with MiWAM. Reopen your claim during the first week of unemployment or reduced work hours or wages.
To file a reopen/additional claim, log in to MiWAM and click on "Additional Information Required - Click Here to File a UI claim."
If you log onto MiWAM and don’t have the link, under the Claimant Services tab, click Submit Additional Information.
You will then see the Reopen/Additional Claim screen:
If you think you may have already started an additional or reopened claim, click the Submissions tab to see if a reopened claim has been started but not yet submitted.
Follow the instructions on screen to complete your claim.
Things to remember
Some things to remember as you are completing your claim:
- Your legal name will be populated. Please confirm that the information is correct. If your name has changed since you last filed, please provide legal documentation supporting your name change.
- Please verify your address and phone number is correct and current.
- If you are not a US citizen, please upload proof of alien registration.
- If you are you attending school or training, or if you began receiving a pension or funds from your retirement account, select yes or no based on your current situation.
- You can find the Employer Account Number (EAN) or Federal Identification Number (FEIN) on your W2 or it may be provided by your employer.
Your payment method must be the UIA Bank of America debit card or a personal checking or savings account. We do not recommend that you use CashApp, Greendot, Netspend or any other prepaid debit card.
When you have completed your claim, be sure to review your claim and submit.
The confirmation page will provide the date of your first certification.