The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Michigan Challenge Program for General Industry
Workplace safety makes good business sense. Find out how you can develop a winning strategy to support your employees’ safety and health and your company’s bottom line. Apply for the Michigan Challenge Program today!
Don’t know how to identify disabling and unsafe work conditions? Need help preventing costly workplace accidents? The Michigan Challenge Program can help.
This progressive program is an effective tool for employers to develop new management and employee skills in safety- and health-related work practices, helping them grow both as employers and employees to improve efficiencies and profit margins, and reduce the cost of business. And the best part? It’s free.
The program offers employers the opportunity to develop an effective safety and health program during a three-year cooperative agreement and commitment with MIOSHA.
Here is what participants will gain during this commitment period:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of their existing program
- Learn about the elements of a strong safety and health program
- Learn the core requirements of effective management leadership for a safe work environment
- Learn effective hazard prevention and control methodologies
- Get on-going safety and health training for all levels in the organization
- Review accident trends and cost estimates
During the first year of the program, a MIOSHA Consultation Education and Training (CET) consultant will provide comprehensive assistance and training in all five elements of an effective safety and health program and will continue to provide follow-up consultation and annual audits for two consecutive years, thereafter.
Participants may decide at any time to discontinue their involvement; however, continuing in the program will help your workplace benefit from:
- Free consultation services
- Decreased healthcare and workers' compensation costs
- Lower turnover rates
- Reduced absenteeism
- Higher productivity and efficiency
- Improved employee morale
- Six-month deferral from programmed inspections
Whatever motivates you toward corporate growth, a healthy workforce is the key to achieving your business goals. To learn more or request our free consultation, education and training services for improving workplace safety, call us today at 517-284-7720.
More on the MCP: