Michigan has an innovative and comprehensive system of assessments to measure student achievement in learning our state content standards. These standards outline what educators believe students should know and be able to do in certain subjects and grade levels to be career and/or college-ready upon high school graduation. In Michigan, like in other states, a sampling of schools also participate in the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) in grades 4, 8, and 12. Michigan summative assessments are required under the Michigan State School Aid Act and/or the Federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Michigan State Assessment Information
- Summative Testing Schedule, 2021
- Complaint or Allegation of Misadministration
Use this link to report suspected violation(s) of assessment integrity or ethical conduct.
- 3-Year Calendar for Michigan's Statewide Summative Assessments 2019-2021
- Assessment Committee Participation Application
- Assessment Reimbursement Grant Section 104d
- Michigan Kindergarten Entry Observation (MKEO) Guide for the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA)
- Arts Assessments (MAEIA)