The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Thank you for your interest in the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). Need to get in touch with us? Or are you struggling to find the answers to your questions on our website? We would love to hear from you.
To contact a specific MDE employee, use the State of Michigan Contact Directory.
Learn more About Us
Note: Michigan is a local control state for education and specific questions related to operations of a local school district should be addressed to leaders within that district (teacher, principal, superintendent, and/or local school board). Search for more information about local school districts, including contact information on the Michigan Parent Dashboard for School Transparency. Also, MDE does not have statutory oversight of Michigan's system of higher education. Each of the state's public colleges and universities is governed by an elected or appointed board. Please direct questions or concerns about an institution of higher education to leaders or administrators of that institution.
Please contact your local school district with:
- Concerns or questions about actions of district employees (educators, administrators, and others)
- Questions about the curriculum used in the district
- Questions related to school transportation and busing
- Questions related to high school athletics (or contact the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA))
- Proposals from vendors to provide services or products to the school district
Michigan Department of Education
608 West Allegan Street
P.O. Box 30008
Lansing, MI 48909
8:00 am - 5:00 pm