The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
K-12 School Accreditation
The Michigan Department of Education, in collaboration in Cognia, provides unified online resources designed to comply with federal requirements for having a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) and assisting Michigan schools and districts with their school improvement and accreditation efforts while avoiding duplication of efforts.
- Find a Cognia Accredited K-12 School: Cognia Accredited School Registry
District- and School-Level Accreditation Reporting Requirements
- Cognia Help and Support for Michigan Schools and Districts: Cognia Michigan Support Site
The accreditation process requires improvement and data/diagnostic reports to be completed by schools for accreditation status. Below are links to additional information for schools and districts regarding the completion of those reports.
- District and School Improvement Plan Submissions for the 2021-22 School Year
- Michigan Integrated Continuous Improvement Program (MICIP) Information and Resources
- Next Generation Grant, Application and Cash Management (NexSys)
Cognia Accreditation Support for ASSIST and eProve
Cognia Technical Support: (888) 413-3669
MDE School Improvement Support
Office of Educational Supports: (517) 241-6963
Historical School Accreditation Information
Historical School Accreditation and School Accountability Results
College and University Accreditation
Regionally accredited colleges and universities are recognized by one of the following agencies.