The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Child Nutrition Programs Training Calendar
SFSP Annual Training
All sponsors are required to attend an in-person training if they plan to participate in SFSP once every three years.
- March 12, 2024 - Oakland Schools, Waterford Twp.
- April 10, 2024 - Wayne RESA, Wayne
- April 17, 2024 - Forest Hills Fine Arts, Grand Rapids
- April 29, 2024 - Ottawa Building, Lansing
- May 8, 2024 - Kirtland University Center, Gaylord
- May 13, 2024 - Marquette Alger-RESA, Marquette
SFSP Online Training
The SFSP training has been developed and an online resource to train SFSP sponsors and site staff on how to operate the SFSP. This training cannot replace the required SFSP training that sponsors must attend in person once every three years without prior approval from MDE.
Summer Food Service Program Training
SFSP Training Resources
Operating the SFSP
- Summer Food Service Program Overview
- How to Be a Drop-in Friendly SFSP
- Serving Meals for the SFSP
- Modeling Healthy Behaviors
- USDA Guidance Manuals
- Food Safety Part 1
- Food Safety Part 2
- Receiving Meals at a SFSP Site
- Michigan-175 Improving Food Safety at SFSP Sites
- Food Safety in Seconds
- Keeping Records at a SFSP Site
- SFSP: Meal Counting and Claiming
- SFSP: Monitoring Forms
- SFSP: Income Eligibility Forms for Camps
- Child Nutrition Program Counting Application (CNP Count)
- Civil Rights Training
- Civil Rights Training Module - NSLP
- Non-Discrimination Statement - This long statement is to be included on websites and printed materials.
- SFSP Meal Patterns- This webpage shows requirements for serving reimbursable meals and snacks
- Meal Pattern Comparison Chart
- How to Purchase High Quality Summer Meals
- Meal Patterns Expanded Version- CACFP
- Michigan-176 Boosting Menu Appeal in the SFSP
Offer Vs Serve
- Serving Meals for the Summer Food Service Program
- Receiving Meals for the Summer Food Service Program
- How to Do Offer vs Serve
- How to Be More Drop-In Friendly for SFSP
- Allowable and Unallowable Costs - This MDE resource provides an overview of allowable and unallowable costs to assist sponsors in determining if costs are allowable under Federal cost principles.
- MDE SFSP Adult Pricing Worksheet 2023 - The SFSP Adult Pricing Worksheet must be completed annually to properly set non-Program adult meal pricing for the upcoming summer.